Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weekend Update

At midnight, tonight, I begin work on my masterwork, the Great American Novel, as part of National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo. The point of NaNoWriMo is to write 50,000 words in the month of November, and I'll be doing that, mostly on weekends, the whole month long. This is going to be interesting.

In other news, I will have to postpone my review of The Gathering Storm, since I did not get my book this week. I will have to wait until Monday, at the earliest, to get the book, and while I may start reading it during the week, I plan to dash through it on Friday. I understand that the reason for the holdup has something to do with the Post Office being full of spazes*, or something along those lines.

In real-world news, Hamid Karzai has probably just won next week's runoff, seeing as Abdullah Abdullah, his challenger, is boycotting it. Mmm, democracy in action. Also, Iran has (apparenlty) rejected our plan to prevent their acquisition of nuclear weapons. Mmm, I see green shoots of world peace sprouting. Finally, in upstate New York, we witness the victory of the GOP's nutwing over any semblance of wanting to compromise on anything, with Dede Scuzzlebutt's Scozzafava's withdrawal from the race in NY-23. Mmm, now's just the time for bipartisanship, right? Ah, well. At least my sense of cynicism is still alive. What would I do without it?

--
*With all due respect to the employees of the United States Postal Service, particularly those of you who hear dogs talking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment